You’ve completed your prioritization plan, now the fun begins! The service lines that landed in your Market quadrant are now your main focus, and it’s up to you to learn the ins and outs of each area to create a strategy that is unique and will provide the greatest return on your investment.
Set a time to meet with the head of each service line and any other key players and use these 20 questions as a guide to gather the information you need to craft your plan.
Goals and measurements
- What are your goals for this campaign?
- What is the process – who is responsible and how often can we pull data information?
- How can we track new appointments/patients?
- What is the best thing about your care team and services?
- What is the biggest obstacle to adding new customers?
- What is your current level of capacity? (i.e., if I call today, on average, what is the soonest appointment I will get?)
- Are you adding any new services, physicians, equipment or locations this year?
- Are there any routine events such as screenings, patient celebrations, etc. that you host?
- What resources are you currently using? Liaison, CRM, digital presence – web, social, blog, google listings, ranking sites? What do you wish was on your website and social media accounts?
- How do patients get to your services? Can they self-refer?
- Who is your ideal patient (demographic, insurance, etc.)?
- What are top 3 needs of patients?
- What are the top 3 complaints your patients have about their experience?
- How can we increase the value for patients, including ways to make it easier for patients to do business with us?
- What do you do to build loyalty with patients or outreach with the community?
- Who is your toughest competitor and what are they doing right?
- What makes you better than the competition?
- What do you feel is currently working and what isn’t?
- If you had a magic wand and could fix one thing, what would it be?
- What is the most profitable service you’re currently offering?
Once you’ve gotten a greater understanding of each service line you need to market, you’ll be in a great place to put your thoughts to strategy and turn that strategy into results. If you’re struggling with how to process the information you’ve gathered, or to even start the conversation with your service lines, don’t hesitate to reach out! Our team is on hand to help you work through and overcome your obstacles. Contact Jennifer Horton, VP Strategy at email@example.com or 812-253-6311.