Achieve your hospital and health system brand goals faster.
Branding is more than playing and looking the part. Our proven approach to developing healthcare brand strategy and positioning is the foundation for creating lasting, positive perceptions.
We know Branding. Ask Kettering Health.
“We've gotten so much feedback about our 'Be Your Best Campaign'...We're on the right track, and our brand message is one that will resonate throughout our community.”
VP of Marketing & Communications, Kettering Health | Dayton, OH
How we're different
With the number of healthcare organizations competing in the market today, it has become more important than ever for hospitals to find their niche and distinguish themselves from the crowd. Hospital branding and healthcare digital marketing allow them to do just that, helping them to effectively communicate their unique value propositions and build trust with the community.
Hospitals, once perceived merely as treatment centers, are now viewed as service providers. Consequently, they require strong branding and sophisticated digital marketing strategies to set themselves apart in a saturated market. Those that emphasize strong branding are more likely to meet their patient acquisition and retention goals.
It’s important to note, however, that hospital branding is about more than just creating a catchy tagline. Branding embodies everything from a hospital's reputation to its patient experience. It should reflect the hospital's mission and vision, communicating the standards of care patients can expect to receive. In this way, branding ultimately creates public perceptions of hospitals—and it’s up to the hospitals themselves to determine whether those perceptions are positive or negative.
For instance, patients are more likely to choose hospitals that they perceive to be leaders and innovators, whether it be in terms of heart care, orthopedics, or maternity services. This perception is strongly influenced by the hospital's brand image. By emphasizing their strengths, hospitals can demonstrate the value they provide.
Rebranding is an equally important endeavor that should be undertaken when the current brand no longer represents the hospital's vision, values, or services. Perhaps the hospital has grown to include new specialties, or maybe the community's needs have evolved. In such scenarios, rebranding allows hospitals to realign themselves with their current offerings and the needs of their patients.
Still, simply creating a strong brand is not enough in today’s digital age. That's where healthcare digital marketing comes into play. With more people turning to the internet for health information, hospitals must be proactive in fostering a robust digital presence. By doing so, they can reach a wider audience, engage with patients in real time, and better understand their needs.
Marketing in Healthcare
Marketing in healthcare is crucial to enhancing the visibility and credibility of healthcare organizations, as well as shaping patient expectations. It can help build an organization’s reputation and is very often the difference between being a choice or being the preferred choice among patients.
Successful healthcare branding examples prove that effective branding can dramatically shape patient perception and build enduring loyalty. Mayo Clinic, for instance, is not just known as a hospital. It's branded itself as a symbol of trust, excellence, and expertise in the healthcare world. This reputation wasn't built overnight but is the result of decades of excellent service and a patient-centered approach.
Cleveland Clinic is another standout example. They have successfully branded themselves as a leading healthcare provider by emphasizing their commitment to research and top-notch patient experiences. This branding strategy, backed by real value and substance, creates trust and loyalty among patients, making these institutions their go-to choices for a myriad of healthcare needs.
But healthcare marketing isn't limited to large institutions—medical marketing for doctors is equally important. This helps physicians build their personal brand and attract more patients. For example, a cardiologist could utilize digital platforms to highlight their unique treatment approaches. This positions them as an authority in their field.
The role of marketing in the healthcare industry is multi-faceted and extends far beyond branding. It involves communicating the right message to the right audience at the right time. This requires educating the public about various health issues, preventive measures, new treatments, and healthcare services.
Medical Brand Marketing
Improving a hospital's brand through marketing requires a strategic and integrated approach. From working with a branding studio to executing data-driven digital marketing campaigns, there are multiple ways hospitals can elevate their brand image. Here are some examples:
- Work With a Branding Agency: Collaborating with a professional branding agency can help hospitals create a compelling and consistent brand image. Agencies conduct market research and help clients create compelling brand stories. This professional approach ensures that the hospital's brand stands out and resonates with the target audience.
- Learn From Hospital Branding Examples: By studying successful hospital branding examples, hospitals can gain insights into effective branding strategies. By analyzing good examples, hospitals can understand how to effectively communicate their unique value propositions and establish a strong brand presence.
- Invest in Medical Branding: Medical branding includes departments, specialties, and individual physicians within a hospital setting. A hospital known for its excellence in cardiology, for example, can further enhance its brand by promoting its leading cardiologists.
- Adopt Medical Brand Marketing Strategies: Effective medical brand marketing requires creating targeted marketing campaigns to promote the hospital's brand. This might include SEO strategies to enhance online visibility, or social media marketing to engage with the community. Each of these strategies helps to consistently communicate the brand's message.
- Leverage Patient Testimonials: Patient testimonials showcase real-life stories of patient satisfaction and recovery. By making these stories visible, hospitals humanize their brands and instill trust among prospective patients.
- Engage with the Community: Hosting health camps, participating in local events, or sponsoring sports teams can help hospitals build a positive brand image within their community. These activities not only show the hospital's commitment to the community's well-being but provide opportunities for positive media coverage.
- Regularly Evaluate and Update Branding Efforts: Like any marketing effort, branding should be regularly evaluated and updated based on market trends and performance metrics. This ensures that the hospital's brand remains aligned with its overall mission.
By implementing these strategies, hospitals can significantly improve their brand image and establish themselves as leaders in the healthcare industry.
Hospital Marketing Strategy
The healthcare landscape has become more competitive than ever, which is why it’s essential for institutions to adopt effective hospital marketing strategies to attract and retain patients. Here are a few marketing strategies and ideas that hospitals can implement, with relevant healthcare marketing examples:
- Design an Attractive Hospital Logo: A memorable hospital logo is truly the cornerstone of a strong brand identity. It should be simple, yet distinctive, and it should reflect the hospital's values and mission. For instance, the Mayo Clinic's logo, featuring three interlocking shields, represents the three pillars of their mission: patient care, research, and education.
- Implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO): To increase visibility, hospitals must optimize their websites for search engines. This involves using relevant keywords, optimizing website speed, and creating quality content.
- Utilize Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms are an excellent channel for hospitals to connect with their patients and community. On social media, they can also share relevant information and promote their services. Johns Hopkins Medicine uses Twitter and Facebook to share health tips, research findings, and patient stories, which educates the public and enhances their brand image.
- Telehealth Services Promotion: With the rise of digital health, hospitals should focus on targeting patients who prefer or need to receive care remotely. They can do this by advertising on social media, sending targeted emails, and highlighting services on their website.
When leveraged correctly, these strategies can give hospitals a competitive edge. Such approaches utilize a blend of traditional and digital marketing tools designed to meet the needs and preferences of today's healthcare consumers.
Creative Medical Marketing Ideas
In an age where digital platforms are very often the go-to source for health information, hospitals and healthcare providers need to get innovative with their marketing strategies. The following are some creative medical marketing ideas that can help healthcare organizations to stand out from the crowd:
- Virtual Reality (VR) Experiences: Embrace the power of technology by offering virtual reality experiences to patients. You might offer virtual tours of your facilities, a 360-degree view of operating rooms, or even VR simulations of medical procedures.
- Webinars and Online Workshops: Consider hosting webinars and online workshops on health topics relevant to your target audience. This positions your hospital as a thought leader and allows for direct interaction with potential patients.
- Interactive Health Quizzes: Develop interactive quizzes that help users assess their health risks or learn more about certain conditions. For instance, a quiz titled "What's your heart age?" can be a fun, yet informative way to educate users about cardiovascular risks.
- Influencer Partnerships: Collaborate with health influencers or bloggers to promote your services or share health information. This can help extend your reach to the influencer's followers and can also add credibility to your brand.
- Health Challenges: Encourage followers to participate in health challenges, such as a "30-Day Fitness Challenge" or "Healthy Eating Challenge". You can also encourage participants to share their progress on social media, further spreading brand awareness.
- Leveraging Results to Build Brand in the Health Sector: Showcase your achievements to strengthen your brand reputation. For example, you can share patient success stories or promote some of the awards and recognitions your hospital has received. Sharing these results demonstrates your services' effectiveness.
- AI Chatbots: Implement AI-powered chatbots on your website to provide instant, automated responses to common patient queries. This can enhance the patient experience by providing immediate assistance; it can also free up your staff to focus on more complex tasks.
Ten Adams focuses on multiple aspects of healthcare marketing, from building a strong brand image to cultivating hospitals’ digital presence. By partnering with Ten Adams, your organization can leverage innovative strategies like those described above, getting one step closer to achieving your ultimate branding goals.