We are looking for someone special.
Someone who is willing to immerse themselves in experiences to better understand the world around them. Someone who enjoys engaging with people — listening to them and learning their likes and dislikes. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply for a new and exciting position at Ten Adams:
Healthcare Consumer Research Coordinator
Part Time Position: 25-30 Hours per week
The Healthcare Consumer Research Coordinator has an exciting opportunity to help Ten Adams and our healthcare clients better understand the healthcare consumer experience. There is no need for healthcare expertise! In fact, the ideal candidate has prior experience as a healthcare consumer but does not have a background working in a healthcare field. The ideal person for this job will be able to easily identify the strengths and limitations of a variety of healthcare experiences and will be able to recommend improvements based on five key metrics:
- Coordinated handoff
- Friendliness of staff
- Implement “secret shopper” strategies by engaging in real patient experiences, which includes the handoff between office and clinical teams
- Facilitate focus groups to better understand the ideal experience
- Document strengths and limitations of each experience
- Map the Patient Journey to identify opportunities to improve the patient experience
- Make attainable and measurable recommendations
Candidates MUST demonstrate the following traits:
- Self-starter to manage and execute patient experience projects
- Innovative thinker
- Ability to provide recommendations for attainable improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Respect for office staff and their roles
- Ability to put people at ease and to integrate with individuals of all ages and backgrounds
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, define problems and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to recognize and interpret a variety of abstract and concrete variables
The Healthcare Consumer Research Coordinator will work alongside our client’s internal patient experience teams as we seek to answer one critical question – “What could we have done differently today to make your healthcare experience better?”
Are you our special someone?
If you’re interested in improving the healthcare experience and understanding the role consumerism will play in the future healthcare landscape, we invite you to apply for this unique and exciting opportunity!